I’ve kept silent about the topic of religion and Senator Obama, not because I think it is a non-topic, but rather it is such a huge multifaceted topic that I couldn’t figure a good place to start.
- Is Rev. Wright’s hate speak a sound Christian principle?
- If not, is it okay for a pastor to sprinkle a little hatred from the pulpit now and then, as long as it is not his primary message?
- Is Rev. Wright’s message really racism against whites or Jews? Was that Christ’s message?
- Is it correct to preach “blackism” over Christianity or even Islam, in the case of Minister Louis Farrakan and the Nation of Islam?
- Which is more important in a Christian Church; church culture or Christ’s message?
- If you found yourself in church that you feel teaches and incorrect message, should you leave the church, stay and fight for change, stay and raise your family there?
- Can you attend a church for 20 years and not know the message being delivered?
- How could Senator Obama attend a Christian Church and not understand Christ’s message?
- What are the odds that over the last 20 years, Senator Obama missed each and every service where Rev. Wright delivered hateful messages?
- I doze off from time to time in church; could my pastor be a hate monger and I’ve just missed it? Does Senator Obama doze a bit from time to time also?
- Is Senator Obama telling the truth in this situation?
- Is Senator Obama raising his family in this church because it is; locally popular? consistent with his values? politically advantages? or because he believes in the message.
I’m sure there are many other facets, but these was enough to overwhelm my pea brain. I guess really I could figure a place to start, but couldn’t follow a clear path through all the muck. As a mere human I can’t really comment on what is going on in Senator Obama’s heart, nor Rev. Wright nor Minister Louis Farrakan’s, but I can highlight a couple of simplified, but obvious conclusions.
- Sen. Obama knew of Rev. Wright’s hateful teachings, disagreed with them and yet did nothing about it except to lie to America and for God only know what reason, weekly subjected his family to this type of hate.
- Sen. Obama knew of Rev. Wright’s hateful teachings, agreed with them, lied to America about this agreement, and thinks American’s are stupid enough to believe that he attended this church for 20 years without ever hearing a one of them.
Neither of these is desirable and I don’t see any way that the facts about Sen. Obama’s relationship with Rev. Wright qualify him as an honest person. Rather, either one of these conclusions would seem to make Sen. Obama a liar and disqualify him as material for President of the United States, yet he is still popular.
Have we become so callus in choosing politicians, that we accept liars with out question? Is that why no one asks Sen. Obama’s to explain his message of hope and change; because it may just be a lie anyway so why bother asking?
The Democratic Party and Senator Obama’s push for Socialism in the US is why they lose my vote and the non-truths in this situation is why Sen. Obama also loses my respect.