I wanted to pass along this letter I received today with information regarding a couple of pieces of pro-abortion legislation. What I think is most disgusting about the proposals is not that they are pro-abortion, which you’d think was as bad as it gets; what get’s me is that this is anti-prolife. That’s right, not only are there people who feel they have a right to kill children, but there are people who wish to deny others the right to save children.
At the end of the letter there is a link to more information, but you could also check out a the podcasts from KGMI PM Bellingham or check out the comments on KGMI’s Facebook. This Morning Show with Joe & Patti podcast is also worth listening to, but I warn you it’s tough to listen to Joe justify his position. I don’t recommend it on a full stomach.
Pregnancy Centers and Clinics across the State are under attack and we need your help.
House Bill 1366 and Senate Bill 5274 have been introduced to Washington State Legislators. These bills were designed by Abortion Proponents to Shut Down life-affirming Pregnancy Centers and Clinics in Washington State. We can’t let that happen. Women and children depend on the free services they receive from community based Pregnancy Centers and Clinics.
This Bill Hurts our Ability to Serve –
This bill puts certain requirements and restrictions on pregnancy centers and would open them up to lawsuits and severe financial penalties for things like-
- A requirement to immediately provide written pregnancy test results in a person’s primary language (any primary language).
- A requirement to include statements of what we don’t provide specifically in these six languages English, Spanish, Vietnamese, Cambodian, Laotian, Chinese AND any other frequently spoken languages in that county on ALL advertising materials.
- HB 1366 and SB 5274 make provision for any citizen to bring a lawsuit, even if they have never sought services from a pregnancy center. And for county prosecutors to bring a lawsuit against us for such “offenses” and requires that we pay up to 3x the amount of damages, additional fines and the prosecution lawyer fees if they win. And, does not require that we be compensated for legal fees if they lose the suit. This would take money away from services to those in need and could close down Centers and Clinics.
- The advertising requirements would be cost probative – limiting our ability to reach those in need, thereby limiting their choice of clinics.
- These restrictions apply ONLY to life-affirming Pregnancy Centers and Clinics but NOT to other medical/pregnancy organizations.
- This Bill is meant to be obstructive and not constructive to Pregnancy Centers and Clinics’ ability to provide services.
Facts about the Whatcom County Pregnancy Clinic
- WCPC advertises under the heading “Abortion Alternatives”
- WCPC givens written notes to all clients about services we do and do not provide prior to their appointments.
- WCPC operates under the supervision and license of a Physician licensed in the State of Washington.
- WCPC operates in accordance with all applicable laws including the release of patient records.
- 99.7% of WCPC clients were so pleased with the service they received they would refer a friend (according to client exit survey).
Pregnancy Centers and Clinics have supplied over $18.6million per year in services at NO COST TO THE TAXPAYER OR CLIENTS.
Government funded programs are being cut; Pregnancy Centers and Clinics are stepping in to fill those needs. If Pregnancy Centers and Clinics are shut down, who will meet that need?
What YOU Can Do:
- Pass this Email on to others
- Come to the hearing on January 24th 1:30 John L O’ Brien Building Mtg Room B (we recommend arriving EARLY)
- Contact Your Legislator – Legislators for District 42 are pro-life. We recommend a “thank you for standing with life and for pregnancy centers” msg. There are talking points below for speaking with Legislators. Leave a message for your Legislator at 1-800-562-6000
- Go to www.protectwomenwa.com to get the latest updates.